This Privacy Statement was most recently revised on February 1st 2019.
On the Seats2meet.com website and platform we may acquire certain personal data from you. We deem careful handling of your personal data very important. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and secured in accordance with the requirements for the processing of personal data as laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In this Privacy Statement, we explain which personal data we collect and use and for what purposes. If you wish to know more details about how we process personal data, please visit gdpr.seats2meet.com
1. You are in control of your personal data with your Profile Passport
Seats2meet provides you a Profile Passport (your user account) that enables you to take full control over the personal data you provide us and share on our platform. We guarantee that your personal data will not be sold to any third party without your explicit consent.
From your Passport you can:
view your personal data;
- correct, improve and amend your personal data;
- restrict our possibilities to to communicate with you and to monitor your use of our services. Note that these restrictions may affect our ability to service you to the best of our abilities;
- delete your profile and remove your personal data.
If you wish to extract your personal data, Seats2meet.com can provide you with this data in a generic/simple exchange format upon a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Which personal data we collect, when, why and for how long
At Seats2meet.com we process your bookings for Meetingspaces and Workspaces and seek to facilitate serendipitous exchanges between you and the other users of our services and visitors of our locations.
We collect personal data during the following interactions:
- When you visit our webpages and you are not logged in: we collect anonymous usage statistics that help us to monitor the platform. We use Google Analytics cookies to do so, but these are not relatable to natural persons and therefore don’t require your consent. Please see below under 8 and our Cookie Statement for more information. We do so to continue improvement and development of our platform.
- When you create bookings on our platform: based on our contract, your Meetingspace and Workspace Booking and Billing details that are needed to fulfil your booking request are stored in your Profile Passport until you delete your account, or two years after your last activity. We do so to deliver our services and products. Additionally, we store your Billing details for seven years. We are required to do so by law for the Dutch tax authority.
- When you register an account and create a Profile Passport for our services: on the basis of our contract, a profile is created containing your name, surname, e-mail address, profile image, billing address, telephone number, links to social media profiles and tags that describe your areas of expertise. We do so to deliver our services and products. Your Profile Passport is stored until you delete your account or two years after your last activity.
- The Serendipity Machine is part of your Profile Passport: through your Profile Passport, you get matched by an AI driven algorithm to other users, locations, events, content and questions made by the S2M ecosystem. Your matches are based on your use of the S2M ecosystem. We use the Serendipity Machine to provide our services and products to you: to facilitate serendipitous encounters and connections between users and to facilitate knowledge exchange between users. This information is also stored until you delete your account or two years after your last activity. You have the right to object to our profiling activities. This may mean that you cannot longer use our service since this way of profiling is part of the actual service. Please contact our Data Protection Officer (email@example.com) if you wish to do so.
- After logging in with your Profile Passport: we work with Google Analytics to monitor individual navigation behaviour on our platform to adequately understand how our services are being used. More specific information about this is given below under 8. We do so to continue improvement and development of our platform.
- When you check in on our platform: by checking in on a location, your temporal presence at this location, your tags and your function will be visible to other users:
- when they visit the Seats2meet.com Ecosystem map;
- when they receive suggested profile matches;
- on a screen that is available in a public area of the Working spaces (only on some locations).
- When you connect with other users, send messages and ask questions with your Profile Passport in the S2M ecosystem: these interactions are stored and combined by us to provide relevant / tailored suggestions we make to you when you use our platform. This information is also stored until you delete your account, or two years after your last activity.
3. Our platform learns
The usage of the Seats2meet.com platform by users allows us to collect anonymized and aggregated data. This data cannot be related to natural persons. We use this data to optimize and develop our services to our users online and on locations.
4. Sharing with third parties
Seats2meet.com provides an Application Programming Interface (API) to application developers to process some of your data following the same principles and conditions as laid down in this Statement.
Additionally, we engage with several parties to deliver our services. We have obliged them to handle your personal data confidentially and securely through a processor agreement:
- Cloudflare, Inc.
- IcePay B.V.
- JURR B.V.
- Freshworks, Inc.
- Google LLC (Google Analytics, Maps and Youtube)
- Sendgrid, Inc.
- The Rocket Science Group LLC (MailChimp)
5. Third-party websites
We provide many connections with third-party websites, for example for events, locations, and web shops. This Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party websites. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data carefully and securely. We recommend that you read the privacy statements of their website before you make use of these websites.
Seats2meet.com is committed to the necessary measures and ongoing efforts to secure and protect the personal data that is stored on our systems and on the systems of the Processors we work with.
We use several kinds of cookies for several purposes. Some cookies are necessary to make the Seats2meet.com homepage as user friendly as possible, or to collect statistics about the use of our website. For more information about the different kinds of cookies, our use thereof and your consent to do so, please see our Cookie Statement.
Generally enabling or disabling cookies can be set via your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome). Deleting cookies is done via your browser as well. Furthermore, you can exactly select which cookies you would like to accept and which cookies you would like to reject. Since the making of these adjustments can vary from browser to browser it might be helpful to use the ‘help’ function of your browser.
8. Google Analytics
We employ the Analytics service provided by the US company Google, with which we have concluded a data processing agreement. We mask IP-addresses and do not allow Google to share this data with other Google services or third parties. Google is Privacy Shield-certified.
For registered and logged in Profile Passports only, we allow the USER-ID property to track how individual users interact with the platform. We do so with your consent only. When you prefer to opt out of this function, you can do so in the Passport section of your Profile Passport.
Google is allowed to obtain access to this data only if Google is obliged to do so by law or court order. Seats2meet.com has no influence over this process.
9. Social media buttons
On our website you will find buttons with which you can promote the website on social network platforms (e.g. a “like” on Facebook or a “Share” on Twitter). These buttons function with the help of pieces of code that are provided by these social platforms. We cannot block cookies from being placed by means of these codes. Please read the privacy statements of these platforms regularly, since they can be adjusted frequently.
10. Information Requests
On your request Seats2meet.com will inform you at most within four weeks if and how your personal data is processed. This information will include the goals of the processing of your personal data, which data is saved exactly and how long, the (categories of) receivers and the origin of your personal data.
If your personal data is incorrect or incomplete or if your personal data does not serve goals mentioned above, you can edit or delete your personal data from your Profile Passport or object via the contact details below. You may also withdraw your consent at any time.
Seats2meet.com will inform you as soon as possible (within four weeks after your request) about the measures that will be taken regarding your request. If your question is very complex, we will inform you so within four weeks and we will get back to you within two additional months at the utmost.
To secure adequate checks & balances and guarantee protection of your data, Seats2meet has appointed an external Data Protection Officer that is registered at the Dutch data protection authority, Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, with ID: FG002135. Any privacy related request can be sent directly to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or on physical media to:
Seats2meet.com International BV
3511EP Utrecht, the Netherlands
VAT number: NL822786746B01
Bank account: 126.96.36.1995
Dutch Chamber of Commerce number: 50516167
11. Supervisory authority
Of course, we will happily help you if you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data. Based on privacy legislation, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority responsible for the protection of personal data against our processing of your personal data. For the Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, with which you can file a complaint here.